Thread: Okam
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008   #36
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Okam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That doesn't make sense to me. Palmer was in love with Carr and had a ton of input in that pick. Capers & Fangio were supposedly desperate for Babin. And several players selected in the '03 draft had been coached and scouted by the assistants at the Senior Bowl. My understanding has been that Capers and staff's fingerprints were all over those drafts. Mainly because Casserly knew squat about scouting.
That's what I thought when the person told me this. But it was from someone who would have known what McNair was thinking about stuff. I didn't get to talk long about this, but I am thinking that this is more the lower assistants. Like what the linebacker coaches thought about linebackers wasn't anything that Casserly wanted to know.

From public information, we know that one of the things that Smith did was to get the player information about current players and college players more together and computerized--that they were very segregated so that there wasn't cross referenceable information. There was an article about that a little while after Smith came on board. I'd show it to you on HT.com but that would be hard to find on search engines.