View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008   #50
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: who wants to go fishin??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
I went with my dad when I was 10 or so to God's Lake Narrows, Healey Lodge. About 300 miles north of Winnipeg. We caught a bunch of pike during the trip.

The biggest monster was caught by me about 30 minutes in during the first day - my dad assumed it wasn't anything special, so it was thrown back in...it was a beast.
Pretty fun stuff, huh? Beautiful scenery too. I actually saw a moose, bear and a bald eagle on the same day.

We'd fly into Minneapolis then drive through International Falls to Kenora, Ontario. We had to take a float plane from Kenora to the lodge.

I caught the largest Pike and small mouth on 1 trip, but beaned our Indian guide in the forehead with my weighted hook the next.