View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: who wants to go fishin??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yep, it'd take a hurricane for our lake to reach a foot. I reckon our 10 hp johnboats might take a beatin in 10 ft swells.

Dude, I've been wanting to go stream fishing for about 5 years now. I watch the Outdoor Channel quite often and love watching trout fishing with fly rods. But no, we have to go to Hawaii and other beach places.

We used to go to Grassy Lodge in Canada to fish walleye, pike and small mouth. We'd fish walleye in the morning then the guides would cook them up for lunch on shore somewhere. I want to say it was on the English river. Awesome! Just awesome
Pretty sure those johnboats would turn into janeboats real quick if that were to happen - or at least the people operating the boats may turn into Nancy's.

Yeah, those trips to Hawaiian beaches suck. I hate surf fishing there and catching a bunch of wahoos.
PS. I'll send some pics this summer. Going to a wedding in Maui - during the middle part of July.

I've only done walleye and pike fishing once. Visited the west half of Wisconson (with the A-1 sauce girl from Iowa). She had kin in Chetek WI. which is a tiny little town on the "Chain of Lakes"... That was some fun fishing.