View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

for me ...

1. injuries. plain & simple. i'm loving how we've got MUCH better depth but we still probably dont have great depth yet. we saw what happens to our run defense with walker/payne and what happens without them. if davis, or d-linemen, or any critical player (or worse, group of players again) went down for a significant amount of time it's going to hurt us probably more than most other teams.

2. carr. i dont expect 4000 yards and mvp, but i hope for considerable improvement. the game should really be slowing down for him and the pain & shock of the first season & the timidness of the second season should be worn off. he's got a capable & possibly great back behind him, an emerging set of studs wide, fantastic te's, and the most improved line in the league. there's nothing in his way now & he can let loose, i hope he shows the league what we know he's got.

3. confidence. last season the texans proved that they can hang with the best of the best in the nfl. i hope that carries over to this season and they're convinced that they're better now and can BEAT the best of the best. 4th quarter of tight games is when the stars shine and as hard as the texans fought, they just didnt have enough for the more capable & experienced teams. the texans are becoming one of the capable teams and i hope they believe that and really take it to teams when it gets down to the wire.