Thread: Okam
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Okam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Well, the biggest difference is what they do with the middle round picks. These guys are gold in the 2nd - 4th rounds.
On the other hand, I believe Casserly had a value placed on each round and it was something like having a 25% shot at a 3rd rounder cracking your lineup. It's one of the reasons he was so sloppy handing out those picks. And, perhaps that was his ratio: to hit 1 of every 4 in the 3rd, but it's not what these guys do!
I can go with that to a point, but your really good personnel guys get it done throughout the draft. They draft players not X pick in Y round. It's almost like he just didn't really care after the 2nd round or so. Smith and co. are working their butts off and doing their job from way before draft day til after it's over and getting good UFA's. This is something I'm very happy getting used to.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote