View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008   #36
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Slaton looks to impress in mini-camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
"I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that? ... Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice."

AI
Well said.

A few thoughts:

1. It is early
2. Practice IS important to Kubiak as far as trust goes. What he sees as preparing like a pro prepares.
3. It is early
4. Really early
5. It's my belief that sometimes bad things are actually good things. That sometimes a rough start is a good thing because young players learn from making mistakes. In general, learning is about screwing up. You can be told not to do something but screwing up really makes an impression. Think of your worst screwups, sports or otherwise. It's the difference between intellectually knowing something and knowing something in your heart.
6. It is really early.