View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Slaton looks to impress in mini-camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
That's why he isn't expected to be a "every down back" and is only expected to be a situational/3rd down back this season. Hopefully he can grow into a bigger role as his career rolls on.
I understand that, but 3rd down's usually include the passing game. Per the article Slaton struggled with both the pass pro and running pass plays. If he's unable to pick these up it's doubtful he'd see much of the field in any situations.

Having said that, this is only for discussion sake. It's way too early to condemn a player for anything at this point. I have little doubt he'll be just fine and I'm stoked to have him here for the price we paid.