Thread: Mini-Camp Day 2
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mini-Camp Day 2

http://www.themonitor.com/sports/kub...camp_team.html

Quote:
Defensive tackle Travis Johnson missed the minicamp to get married. Rookie Frank Okam, who played at Texas, got valuable reps in Johnson's absence.

"He's very smart, so he picked up what we're doing real quick," Kubiak said. "Local kid, so it's very exciting for him to be playing in the state of Texas. We're counting on him. Travis' wedding was his gain."

The minicamp also gave some Texans a chance to gauge their recoveries from injuries.

Quarterback Matt Schaub felt fine after undergoing minor surgery on his left shoulder. Former starting left tackle Charles Spencer returned to the practice field after breaking his left leg in the second game of the 2006 season. Spencer sat out team drills, but reported no problems after three days of individual workouts.

Spencer is still a long way from winning back his starting job, but Kubiak said just his presence at the camp was inspiring to the others.

"It's good for the team, and I'm just really happy for him," Kubiak said. "After a year and a half, you could get discouraged and possibly go the other way as a player, but he has stayed true to his rehab and what everybody's asked him to do and his frame of mind is good.

"I saw a smile on his face for probably the first time in a long time, and I think he sees himself being able to do this now and make it, and that all adds up to being very good for the team."

Cornerback Dunta Robinson watched the workouts anxiously from the sideline, six months after tearing a ligament and cartilage in his right knee. The four-year pro is already a respected leader and spent the weekend tutoring the younger players in the secondary.

"I'm not actually out here practicing, but I'm running around a little bit," said Robinson, who had 33 tackles and two interceptions last season before getting hurt. "The knee's feeling better every day, and coming out here being with the guys again, it makes you feel good."
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote