View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008   #26
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Slaton looks to impress in mini-camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
That right there worries me. His fumblitits may not be coachable. Size does matter in the NFL.
every "fumblitits" can be coachable......while Slaton is "undersized" he isn't a midget (he's actually comparable to MANY of the backs that have had success in this DENVER SYSTEM....those guys were "coachable") and he certainly is "coachable". People are simply overreacting about a rookie putting the ball on the ground. The guy is literally a few hours into his NFL career and hopefully our young promising defense took the writing on their pants seriously.

Almost every back in their first camp fumbles......then the coach jumps on their *** and hopefully they straighten it out. The fact that Kubiak and Harris don't seem too worried about this is why I'm not worried about this. Bump this page when we're going through preseason......if Slaton is constantly laying the ball on the ground, then I'll be worried, until then.....rookie jitters.

I mean from what I hear alot of rookies were "wide eyed" during this mini-camp....it is literally a "eye opening" experience. It's the first time in these guys lives, that they aren't the best athletes on the football field, I'm sure every one of them got their lunch ate......it's how they respond, that's what matters.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote