View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008   #21
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: Slaton looks to impress in mini-camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Oh I'm not necessarily questioning his size. I'm just saying that's how I interpreted the statement by Kubiak because he says that Slaton has the technique correct.

One thing... you're bringing up hall of famers. Steve Slaton hasn't even cracked the 200 lb mark and that makes him on the small side of every one of those guys and they're already SMALL. It's just a concern and something that I'll be watching very very closely. He's five pounds smaller than the best one on that list in Barry Sanders but just how many Barry Sanders are there? Times are also different. Back in the day, you could just flash your way through the field but nowadays that's become far more difficult to do. Play Walter Payton in today's game and I think we'd see a significant change in his numbers but that's just me.

I didn't realize Payton was only 5'10. I really thought he was a giant. He sure did play like a giant.

Then back at West Virginia, Steve Slaton had several fumbles. Can anyone find the number? I know for a fact that he fumbled the ball on two consecutive snaps against Louisville a year or two ago.

I'm rooting so hard for Steve Slaton. I really am. I want him to be a hall of famer for the Houston Texans.

I think he had 7 fumbles on 248 carries??...someone want to compare that with some of the other top backs drafted

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote