View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008   #16
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: Slaton looks to impress in mini-camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
He fumbled the ball a few times. Not just merely a fumble.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4316

I just don't want any misconceptions about what has and hasn't been done. He's fumbled the ball more than once and that's a fact.

Now what I do like is that Kubiak believes that he carries the ball correctly. Now what I'm interpreting from Kubiak's statements is that Slaton may be prone to fumbling as a result of his size, not technique. That right there worries me. His fumblitits may not be coachable. Size does matter in the NFL.
True Mike, but they are not even hitting yet. The kid is not much different in stature from some of the best RB's in history.

Barry Sanders 5'9" 201 lbs
Walter Payton 5'10" 200 lbs
Tiki Barber 5'10" 205 lbs
Terrell Davis 5'10 210 lbs
Emmitt Smith 5'9" 216 lbs

I would say his fumbles probably are coming from nerves on the first days more than anything else. I read he runs with the ball high and tight like Tiki did once Tiki solved his fumbling problem.

Let's get the pads on and see what the kid does.

I am trying to find his fumbles in college, but it says 0..I don't think that is right.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13

Last edited by Texaninlild; 05-11-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote