Thread: Mini-Camp Day 2
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008   #6
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172541 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mini-Camp Day 2

Check this commentary on the state of our guys by Jerome Solomon...

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon..._minicamp.html

I know some of you can't stand him for some of the things he's written in the past, but if he's impressed with our guys conditioning...

Quote:

There was a time the majority of Texans' starters would have had trouble making some of the above rosters, so you know the backups had no chance.

That is no longer the case. The Texans are no longer a group of questionable draft picks and veteran castoffs. This team is the fastest, strongest and most athletic team the Texans have ever had.

Think I'm exaggerating, just think of the players you project to be No. 2 or 3 on the Texans' depth chart this season. Then compare those players to the starters a few years ago, and I'm thinking this year's reserves might be better than those starters. (In fact I'm going to do that next week to check the accuracy of my hypothesis.)

If you watch Jethro Franklin and Alex Gibbs at practice, you know the Texans will be nasty in the trenches.
This team will not be pushed around anymore.

Ooooooooo! Ya gotta like that.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote