View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: On the health of our Texans players:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Yes actually I do. Not only do i expect him to be better but I am sure the fact that a hungry player like that eager to get on the field will be pushing everyone on the line. If he's is healthy and ready to go by TC IMO neither Guard position is completely safe. Salaam might even watch out as backup at LT or starting nod. The staff I think took into account this was best case scenario in choosing Brown with the 1st pick.

Brown seems like a smart kid and having a guy like Spencer as opposed Salaam nipping at your heels is way bigger motivation.
Well have at ya then. I'm expecting Spencer to back-up any Oline spot except Center to be honest. I think until he proves that he can move around again on his bum leg, that he's probably going to be behind Salaam in the depth charts at the tackle position but he could rise up. I don't expect him to make any starts whatsoever, and only see limited amounts of snaps as a backup until he gets his feet under him more as the season goes along.

I hope yours come true, but I don't think guys come off of 2 year long rehab stints to go to the Pro Bowl.