View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: On the health of our Texans players:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Better in some areas, yes. Condition wise I would say no, but knowledge on the game (like what certain DLineman will do), yes.
Well that is your opinion and you are certainly most welcome to it. If Charles Spencer was able to attend practices and do drills for the last 2 years I could see your point of view. But he hasn't, and I don't think watching + discussing the game is as helpful to a lineman as it is a QB.

The fact of the matter is, he hasn't played in 2 years. That's 2 years of real live gametime experience that he's missed out on. I think to expect him to come back and be able to hold down his position while getting used to using his leg again is asking a whole lot from the guy. He might be a really smart guy, and he could easily be a great football mind, but right now I'm not going to say that he's gained a lot more knowledge on being an offensive lineman because he just doesn't have the game experience to back that claim up.