Thread: Mini-camp
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mini-camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I like the 4/3 defense, but don't really care for our implementation of it in some cases. Why not put your best corner on the offenses best WR? Instead they play a side. Well duh. If I am the O-coord, all I have to do is make sure my #1 lines up on the opposite side. Seems pretty dumb to say the least.
It could be a case where certain players are stronger on certain sides. Instead of making our best CB play all over the field, which let's the offense dictate where our DB will line up, the coaches might choose to establish that we have one part of the field well defended by playing to his strengths. Rare is the CB that can play both sides equally effective.

I'm not sure, but maybe this is the case.