View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008   #56
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Are we REALLY playoff material yet?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That's the way I see it playing out. IMO, we need to get him on the field this year because of his speed and agility. Which is something we've severely lacked at the position. I do think it'll be on a limited basis his rookie season, but not only on 3rd down situations. I think he'd be exceptional in the running plays that Walter ran last season. I think one was a mis-direction pitch to get Walter outside in the open which Slaton should be better at.

I think Slaton needs to add a few lbs before he's given the full time job, if ever.

If the history of the Shanahan Broncos in any indication, there is really no predicting who will eventually be the primary back in their system.

Basically, it ended up being who was the healthiest best guy going.

Certainly, his history in college suggests that he can be a productive back when given opportunties.