View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008   #57
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Are we REALLY playoff material yet?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Okay, so you were referring to his rookie year and not necessarily beyond that? I can accept that....
That's the way I see it playing out. IMO, we need to get him on the field this year because of his speed and agility. Which is something we've severely lacked at the position. I do think it'll be on a limited basis his rookie season, but not only on 3rd down situations. I think he'd be exceptional in the running plays that Walter ran last season. I think one was a mis-direction pitch to get Walter outside in the open which Slaton should be better at.

I think Slaton needs to add a few lbs before he's given the full time job, if ever.