View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008   #48
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Are we REALLY playoff material yet?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
The Defense was 24th overall 344.2 ypg

Pass defense 25th 230.1 ypg

Rushing Defense was 19th 114.1 ypg

Being in the bottom half in both rushing and passing didnt help . When they absolutely had to stop someone they usually didnt get it done . I dont know how much of this you can attribute to injury .The pass defense took a big hit when Dunta went down . I sure didnt expect that at the begining of the season , especially against the run .

I look for them to look for another OLB next season either early in the draft or in FA as M.Greenwood reminds me too much of J.Foreman .... Lotsa tackles .... after the guy gained 5-6 yards .

They still lack a good FS as well and in the AFC South its a position of need when you see Pey-Me-A-Ton at least twice a year .

As I said, depending on what stats you look at. Check out the Football Outsiders stats:

30th overall on defense
27th against the pass
29th against the rush
And it shows that the defense was consistent, consistently bad.

These are defensive efficiency ranks. I am guessing they are so bad because the Texans were bad about giving up the big play and getting turnovers.

Of course, it didn't help that the offense kept turning the ball over themselves and keeping the defense on the field.

But just with my eyeball viewing of the team, what feeling should you get when your team is on defense?

You should have that feeling that your team is going to crush the other team.

That's the feeling you have when you are watching a good defensive team.

It is dispiriting to be yelling your * off for the defense, and watch them not get off the field on third down. Or cringe every time the ball is thrown. I want this team to get to the point where I really enjoy watching the defense. The Denver game was fun watching the defense.