Thread: Mini-camp
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008   #45
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mini-camp

Well mini-camp starts today. I was going to ask again if anyone could get tickets and watch this weekend, but seeing as Texan Chick doesn't have access I have given up on that dream.

About the secondary though, I think Atlanta may play a similar scheme with their corners. I could be completely wrong because I havn't watched them a lot- it could have been a one time thing. But I do remember trying to watch how Chris Houston was playing ('07 rookie cb) and he mostly stayed on one side regardless of what receiver was over there.

I don't know a lot about the schemes in the secondary- I think this one has its pros and cons. The one good thing I see about leaving your best CB on one side, even if the best WR isn't over there, is because he (theoretically) can completely shut down that side of the field, or 30% of it. This allows the rest of the DB's to focus on the other side of the field and we may be able to get 1 more DB in that space to cause trouble.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote