View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005   #27
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus22
This is very true. In high school we had the same o-line for three years and worked like a well oiled machine. Then I played semi-pro ball and it wasn't the same. The system was almost exact to what we ran in high school but as far as knowing the guy playing next to you jus wasn't happening. So I agree, maybe a few tweeks here and there but I think we need to allow them time to gel.
The only problem with that is that Wiegert (weak link) will be 33 in August and McKinney (weakest link) will be 30 in October. About the time our line is playing like a well oiled machine (if possible) we will have to replace a couple of them. 30 isn't exactly old for an OL but when we are talking about McKinney I am saying he isn't going to improve much if any from here on out and he has been stinking up the joint. Hopefully we can pick up at least one eventual replacement in the draft and give him some spot play this year and if we are really lucky take over one of those spots this year.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote