View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Are we REALLY playoff material yet?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
First of all, I don't think we should view this year's draft class as making or breaking a 2008 run to the Playoffs seriously. If things fit together as the brass expects, this class will impact that run and a few of them will be instrumental to it. Of course, this is all just my opinion and I could certainly be wrong. We'll all see how it plays out on Sundays this Fall. The Texans did go 8-8 in '07, while sustaining countless injuries at key spots and being horrible in turnover ratio.

On the other hand they were a few mistakes and bad bounces away from being 10-6. IF they get overall improvement from the players they had last season, along with some better luck, they're right there. More realistically, I think if we're fortunate, this class could be viewed as another one that helped secure the Texans a place at the Playoff table for the following season and beyond.

No telling. Shanahan Sr. says it takes about 3 years for a QB to get adjusted to the Denver style offense--that means Sage is in year 3 and Matt is in year 2 (with a WCO background).

One thing to add to your 8-8 horribles is that not only did they have the injuries, and the bad turnover ratio, but they had the 30th ranked offense in the league (depending on whose stats you look at). If they can get their turnovers just average and their defense average and Andre is Andre, you never know.

There were times last year that they looked like they could crush anyone in the league. And of course, times last year where it looked like nothing could go right.

They need luck and to make their own luck.

They need to survive the first month of the season. Road games against hard teams are not the easiest way to build confidence, but then again, who inked in a decisive win against the Panthers on the road last year?