View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008   #22
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plans to Acquire Defensive End

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm guessing they like Cochran (and Kalu as a situational pass rusher) more than most people think as well.

I agree about Cochran. However, I think we'll see Chauncey Thompson off the edge this season on some 3rd and longs. He played some OLB in a 3-4 and has a lot of speed and athleticism. So, I think that a combination of Weaver, Cochran, Kalu, and Thompson should certainly have more success than last year.

Situationally, we're going to be much stronger on the DL. Having Okam for short yardage will help our interior run defense as well. Hopefully, they'll be willing to spell Okoye and make him more effective- particularly on passing downs.

I think the DL situation is pretty well set:

mario
cochran
weaver
kalu
okoye
travis johnson
maddox
okam

should be the eight linemen on the roster plus Thompson will drop down from the LB spot. I really like our depth this year. goodbye Zoniga!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote