View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plans to Acquire Defensive End

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Well of course, we know that. You have to keep in mind that this is season two of our transformation. Not just the one season as you're implying.

I'm most certainly not freaking out over the DE position. What I'm freaking out over is change. Everytime there's an addition or deletion to my Houston Texans football team, you better realize that I'm going to perk up my ears and try and understand/welcome/disaprove that change. The headline that I got out of that quote led me to believe that we may be talking trade. I'm very very interested in that anyway you look at it no matter what position or player it involves. It's a change to the Houston Texans and that affects me as a fan. It means that my player loyalties may need changing.
I'm not implying that this is our first year of transformation. I'm saying that we had a lot of needs to fill this year, and we filled a lot of them, but you can't always find everything you need.

And I'm definitely not talking about you in particular. It was more directed toward all the fans who were pissed off that we didn't draft a DE in the last two rounds.

I understand the fans just want the team to get better, but the current regime has already proved that they know what they are doing. So if they don't think we need a DE, then I don't think there is any reason for us to get one.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote