View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plans to Acquire Defensive End

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
Text transcription

Brooke Bentley: Who will the Texans get to rush the passer opposite Mario Williams? GM Rick Smith gives us some clues. But first, Texans All-Access is on Thursday, May 29th, at Reliant Stadium. This event is for all Texans season ticket holders and sponsors, and will feature the entire Texans 2008 team and cheerleading squad. For more information, go to houstontexans.com.
GM Rick Smith has just finished drafting 7 rookies and signing a handful of free agents, but he is not done putting together his team. Smith is in the market for a defensive end to play opposite Mario Williams. Here's what he had to say about his prospects.

Rick Smith: We will continue to grind, and to try and see if we can find that diamond in the rough, as they say. I think our football team has improved, and we would have liked to have added this undersized pass rusher that we didn't get, but I think we've got some quality players on our team. I think that N.D. Kalu was one of our better pass rushers last year, so I think we'll be fine.
Hmmm. Sounds disappointing. I judged this book by its cover. I shouldn't have. Ugh. I really got excited. Smith didn't use the word acquire, the Texans website did. Misleading.

Although.. who was that undersized rusher they were talking about? Anyone have any idea or is it just wishful thinking that we'll ever know? It really sounds like this defense wants to become very small considering our smallish LB corps as well as Dunta and... or is that it?

TexansChick,
Will do! Much obliged!