View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008   #9
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plans to Acquire Defensive End

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4301

Down at the bottom of the page, it says...

Can someone translate/transcribe!? PLEASE!? Deaf guy here so listening to the PodCast isn't exactly something that I can do!

Defensive end???? Who? What plans? 'Plans to acquire' sure sounds like a TRADE brewing somehow!
Text transcription

Brooke Bentley: Who will the Texans get to rush the passer opposite Mario Williams? GM Rick Smith gives us some clues. But first, Texans All-Access is on Thursday, May 29th, at Reliant Stadium. This event is for all Texans season ticket holders and sponsors, and will feature the entire Texans 2008 team and cheerleading squad. For more information, go to houstontexans.com.
GM Rick Smith has just finished drafting 7 rookies and signing a handful of free agents, but he is not done putting together his team. Smith is in the market for a defensive end to play opposite Mario Williams. Here's what he had to say about his prospects.

Rick Smith: We will continue to grind, and to try and see if we can find that diamond in the rough, as they say. I think our football team has improved, and we would have liked to have added this undersized pass rusher that we didn't get, but I think we've got some quality players on our team. I think that N.D. Kalu was one of our better pass rushers last year, so I think we'll be fine.