Thread: Mini-camp
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mini-camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
But couldn't you disguise the zone/man part of it while still lining up over the oppostions best WR rather than play one side of the field? I mean you could still go into a zone from that right? I'm not arguing just asking. I'm simply trying to figure out what perceived advantage it is for the Dback to line up on one side only. Simplicity? I really don't know, but it's something that keeps bugging me about our system.
Let's say you stick with the vanilla look but swap sides so that your best defender is on the same side as their best receiver. Then let's say that they put that receiver into motion and move him to the other side of the field. Do you make your corners swap sides? That's going to be hard to manage and they're going to be able to catch you mid-shift. Or do you go ahead and play that one guy man and make the zones shift to accommodate?

Whatever you're going to do, it's going to get complicated.

With our system, I'm sure that it's extremely complicated with changing assignments based on shifts and things like that.

The only way to really get your best cover guy on their best receiver is to play man.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote