Thread: Mini-camp
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mini-camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
To my understanding, we aren't running a scheme with a specific SAM or WILL OLB. Meaning, if Clark motions to the formerly weak side, our OLB's do not switch either. Our LB's line up in the same position at all times, thus disregarding the SAM and WILL terms. I believe our OLB's are expected to be capable of playing either side. Also, if Clark runs a crossing or drag route, which is common for receiving TE's, the OLB that was over him initially should not follow him and vacate his zone of the coverage. There has to be communication between the LB group, as with any unit. and since we do not distinguish FS and SS, safety help is sometimes able to be given to the TE, which is why at times we see the S out of position down the field.
If that was our system last year then lets not do that again because we routinely got abused by any team with a decent TE (Clark, Winslow II, Gates). Whatever the problem was, it haunted us pretty much all season (I'll grant that Tony G wasn't outstanding).