Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
1. it made no sense and anyone who wasn't homering could see that the guy was a total scrub and no amount of coddling and coaching would ever change his mechanics, intelligence, and work ethic. but the homers, such as yourself, blamed everything under the moon besides the problem because of blind allegiance to a player much less the team. this shows lack of objectivity.
2. our defense still sucks and may be worse this year. our defense needed more help than our offense IMHO.
3. my point is that other than Adibi, the defensive help we got will probably make little impact in 2008 outside of maybe Moulden as a nickel.
1. Well, in 2004, at least for the first half of the season, we were winning games and he had a high QB rating, particularly in the 4th quarter. Do you recall the Minnesota game that season? Also, I never heard anything about his work ethic until things unraveled in 2005. By that point, I wanted a new staff and wanted the new staff to independantly evaluate all the players, including Carr.
2. The defense got the majority of the draft picks and the free agent attention this off-season, so it did get more help than the offense. I'm not sure why you think the defense will be worse this year- I guess that's your cynicism shining through again
3. Rookies usually struggle to make much impact. So, if we have two defensive rookies that make a positive impact on the defense, that's good.
I still don't understand how fans are still blaming this regime for decisions like the Babin trade and the PBurnt trade. That was a different staff. This staff makes very good decisions- even when it's not popular to do so... you are a UT homer right? Still bitter about the fact that we didn't take a QB in the draft that was much worse his second season that Carr was in his second season, '03.