View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008   #417
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I respectfully disagree.

The reason that the defense was so "porous" was turnovers.

We were 2nd worse in the league in giveaways with 38. That's more than two extra possessions for the other guys each game - quite often on our side of the 50. Very few teams have such a bad-a$$ defense that they can afford to give the ball away twice a game. I know we don't.

We cut down the turnovers maybe our defense has a chance to do a better job.
What happened to the theory that our offense could move the chains and let our defense stay fresh. Giving the ball away twice a game sure didn't help execute that strategy.
I respect your opinion and you make a good point in regards to takeaways putting our defense in a bad spot. I think our talent on defense has more to do with the poor performance but no doubt, the large amount of takeaways were a factor in it's bad stats and bad results.