Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Why even converse with you... I'm not sure, because you have no interest in truth, only in defending your angrily entrenched position. But, here goes anyway:
1. Regarding my defense of Carr 3 years ago. I believed it made sense for the team to see if he could respond to quality coaching. I was never a Carr homer, though I was quite optimistic about his future in 2004.
2. I never argued that our defense was good last year or any other time. I simply stated that the evidence the past three off-seasons clearly shows that this organization realizes the significance of defense and hasn't been derilect in its efforts to build ours. I'm not sure how trading for Schaub defeats that argument. We aren't trying to build the 2000 Baltimore Ravens after all, nor was I arguing that we were.
3. You were the one complaining that we didn't take a defensive player in round 1 this year, even though we went defense in rounds 3-6. It was you that used the Duane Brown pick to complain that the organization doesn't get the significance of the defense. So, you were actually doing what you are errantly accusing me of. Personally, I think using 4 of the team's first 6 draft picks on the defensive side of the ball illustrates that the team does realize the defense needs help... For some reason, you do not. Could you possibly explain why that would be?
1. it made no sense and anyone who wasn't homering could see that the guy was a total scrub and no amount of coddling and coaching would ever change his mechanics, intelligence, and work ethic. but the homers, such as yourself, blamed everything under the moon besides the problem because of blind allegiance to a player much less the team. this shows lack of objectivity.
2. our defense still sucks and may be worse this year. our defense needed more help than our offense IMHO.
3. my point is that other than Adibi, the defensive help we got will probably make little impact in 2008 outside of maybe Moulden as a nickel.