View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008   #410
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Wow, this is an astonishingly stupid comment. Let's review...

The draft tracker at nfl.com says the San Diego Chargers drafted at #27. Norv Turner [on not drafting a tackle in the first round]: “We came up one pick short.”

27-1 = 26.

Hmm, who got drafted at 26?

OH MY IT'S DUANE BROWN! To the Houston Texans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
"Guys, I read the same report but that doesn't make it fact! Pay no attention to what Norv Turner says."

Teams say a lot of things pre-draft that are not factual.

I don't see any reason for them to lie after the draft, especially since what they are saying isn't going to make the player they actually drafted feel real good.

Most teams, ours included, usually say good things about their pick.

"He's the player we targeted, really wanted, yada yada."

They don't usually say " we came up one pick short". JMHO though.