View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008   #409
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
so in the previous two drafts we get 4 quality defenders and you act like we have devoted our life to defense in Texans land draft-wise. for schaub alone we spent two 2nd Rounders....but that doesnt support your argument now does it?

we have gone defense in the 1st Round but you can't just take that as 'mission accomplished' like Bush did in Iraq. Those players can be individually awesome but the defense still sucks as a unit. Pedigrees and draft position be damned. Production and wins is all that matters....but to ask a former Carr zealot to realize that may be asking a little much. After all, for some of you all you do is parrot what the team says and think you are somehow smart or insightful. Wrong. You probably need to grow a pair and realize that its ok to have opinions and its ok to not agree with the team. you were one of the biggest carr homers of all time so please excuse me if i discount your credibility and objectivity. i have forgotten more about football than you have ever known.

you have no credibility imho on anything texans-related and that is based on history not hyperbole or prejudice.

I'm not sure I see what is brave about what you do. Cynicism is a coward's defense mechanism. You, and fans like you, can't cope with dissapointment so you develop a cynical and hypercritical view because you lack the coping skills of a mature adult.

Sure, I tend to err on the optimistic side of things. You're damn right! I would hope so. I believe quite confidently that I am an objective fan. However, anyone with limited access to information will often display a bias when making his judgements known. How can one not? As for me, I'll gladly be known for giving the team whom I root for and who has given me moments of great joy the benefit of the doubt.

If that means that I'm not credible and I have no testicles, I guess I'll need to learn to wear such labels with honor.
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote