View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008   #407
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 52681 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
so in the previous two drafts we get 4 quality defenders and you act like we have devoted our life to defense in Texans land draft-wise. for schaub alone we spent two 2nd Rounders....but that doesnt support your argument now does it?

we have gone defense in the 1st Round but you can't just take that as 'mission accomplished' like Bush did in Iraq. Those players can be individually awesome but the defense still sucks as a unit. Pedigrees and draft position be damned. Production and wins is all that matters....but to ask a former Carr zealot to realize that may be asking a little much.

you have no credibility imho on anything texans. you are still blaming capers for all the ills years later. turn page.

Why even converse with you... I'm not sure, because you have no interest in truth, only in defending your angrily entrenched position. But, here goes anyway:

1. Regarding my defense of Carr 3 years ago. I believed it made sense for the team to see if he could respond to quality coaching. I was never a Carr homer, though I was quite optimistic about his future in 2004.

2. I never argued that our defense was good last year or any other time. I simply stated that the evidence the past three off-seasons clearly shows that this organization realizes the significance of defense and hasn't been derilect in its efforts to build ours. I'm not sure how trading for Schaub defeats that argument. We aren't trying to build the 2000 Baltimore Ravens after all, nor was I arguing that we were.

3. You were the one complaining that we didn't take a defensive player in round 1 this year, even though we went defense in rounds 3-6. It was you that used the Duane Brown pick to complain that the organization doesn't get the significance of the defense. So, you were actually doing what you are errantly accusing me of. Personally, I think using 4 of the team's first 6 draft picks on the defensive side of the ball illustrates that the team does realize the defense needs help... For some reason, you do not. Could you possibly explain why that would be?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote