View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008   #380
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Duane Brown = Texans' First Round Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
What does where a player goes have to do with how he is going to do? I'm sure everyone remembers that super-cool move the Cavs pulled off when they shocked everyone by drafting Tradgon Langdon with a lottery pick in the NBA draft. Nobody saw that coming but that ended up being a great pick..... wait...... no, it wasn't.

I think Brown went early but I've covered the entire topic on my blog. However, you can discount people's opinion all you want but John Harris also pointed out how Alex Gibbs 1st round tackle, George Foster, has been a bust and was even dealt from Denver. I trust in Alex Gibbs the coach but I have seen many a quality coach fail in the area of evaluation. Do we not remember Dom Capers - one of the most respected 3-4 defensive minds in history? He felt like the Texans needed Travis Johnson, had to re-sign Gary Walker and must move up for Jason Babin. Coaching and evaluation are often mutually exclusive. That's all I'm saying.

With all of this said, I'm not sure Brown would have gotten past #30.
totally agree Lance. but don't say that around here though. you may get burned alive on a stake for speaking ill of the messiah Gibbs. After all, Gibbs is the greatest OL coach in the history of football and his arrival here guarantees success. Get with the program, LZ.

Gibbs has yet to coach a down for the Texans and is inviso to the media but he is above criticism and we should be lucky to be in his presence. Oh, and how many Super Bowls has Gibbs been in without Elway? Thats right, zero.

this deal stinks of Babin. coaches pick. workout warrior. raw project. bit of a reach based on many boards.

I always thought the ZBS was a system that didn't necessitate early selections on OL and that you could get guys that 'fit' later in the draft or even in UDFA. Especially when you have such glaring weaknesses at CB, DE, OLB, and RB...but whatever, hope it works out or its gonna be really a tough pill to swallow. Good luck, Duane Brown. Hope you are kickass. You will be the ones answering the questions from the media. We all know that is beneath Gibbs. Media be damned.