View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008   #40
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New insite into Smith's Defense

This is just my opinion, but I've often watched Manning and many other QBs pick apart Ds by watching how they line up and calling audibles all day long. Why show them what you are going to do? I like the idea of not showing them. Whether somebody (like the DC) should go ahead and call a D play beforehand or the players should somehow react to what the O does, I won't get into all of that; but, I like the premise of not just showing our cards and hoping the other guy can't find a way to beat them.

For those saying they don't like all the cutesy stuff and let's just go out there and be manly men and knock everybody on their butts, why do you think the Patriots cheated? Strategy is a huge part of the game, and that's not going to change. It's a big part of any kind of game that's worth watching.

I don't know if Smith is worth keeping at DC, but I like this idea. There has to be something good about him or he wouldn't be here; so maybe this "vanilla" business is it.

Another thing that strikes me about this is that it is a D that may make bad or inexperienced players look worse; BUT, it could be a great help in putting us over the top if we ever go on a SUPER BOWL run. It sounds like something that makes bad players look worse and makes good players even better.

The main drawback from my point of view is that I don't like not having a true FS on the field; but, if I had known this is what we were really doing, I wouldn't have complained so much.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote