View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008   #35
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New insite into Smith's Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Seems to me that it's a way for a d-coordinator to cover up his inability to decipher an offense and then tell his defense what to do to counter the offense.

He's making his players do all the heavy lifting. He's making them line up in a "We don't know what the heck to expect" formation,
I really think you totally missed the point of what the defense is doing. They line up the same every down but they play a different defense every down. It is not a read and react defense it is a normal defense presented in brown paper. You have no idea what it coming at you till it is unwrapped.

As for the playcalling, this is not greatly effected by how we line up in my opinion it is a philosophy of boom or bust vs. bend not break.

I am a bend not break supporter but obviously people here want us to go all out on attack, lets get Buddy Ryan back in here and fire up the '46' defense and get us some big plays....
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote