View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New insite into Smith's Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
So the offensive coordinator for the Colts must be pretty stupid too. I mean, he just lets Peyton call the plays and doesn't have to do anything. Obviously that guy can't decipher what the defense is doing so he just tells Peyton to go out there and do something to counter the defense.
Did Peyton Manning just walk in and create the Colts offense? "Hi, I'm Peyton Manning and I would like to show you my 5-inch thick notebook of plays that's going to turn this franchise around...now, everybody gather 'round and looka' here for a second..."

Jeez...it takes a system, and then it takes the players to work the system.

Anybody who defends Richard Smith and thinks he's going to work wonders in Year 3 is yet again a hopeless romantic. Give it up already. I will go out on a limb and say that the raw athleticism of Mario, DeMeco, and Amobi...coupled with D-Rob in the backfield...has been the defense's saving grace thus far. It's definitely not the creative wizadry of Richard Smith's philosophy.

We have a d-coordinator problem. I hope this is his last year.