View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008   #30
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New insite into Smith's Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Seems to me that it's a way for a d-coordinator to cover up his inability to decipher an offense and then tell his defense what to do to counter the offense.

He's making his players do all the heavy lifting. He's making them line up in a "We don't know what the heck to expect" formation, and then the whole defense (line, LBs, and Dbacks) has to react and decide what to do when the ball snaps? Okey dokey. That explains why we're a bend-but-don't-break defense.
This is the NFL - braun, brains, athletic ability and reacting on the fly are key attributes and competencies needed in order to play this game on defense.

Maybe you would rather watch the game from your spine melter 3000 and get your football voyeurism on via this style of play

BTW, I am not a huge fan of Smith and my statements are more about the developing personnel. They can be exclusive of one another.