View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #16
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown = Texans' First Round Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Know him before you judge him Ubecool.

SWT is a hardcore Texans fan expressing his dissappointment, he is well known around these parts and we understand him.

The pick was way out of left field and could be seen as a reach, time will tell but you need to respect that SWT is a passionate fan expressing himself passionately.
The pick was not really that far out in left field. I read about Brown climbing the draft charts a day or two before the draft. I'm no expert by any means, in fact I am a total moron, so if I was reading about him (along with Gosder Cherilus), then you can be damn sure the NFL teams had him on their boards and were ready to grab him.

Don't invest too much in the words of Todd McShay, Lance Zierlein, John Harris, etc...What did they all say about Limas Sweed? Devin Thomas? Not only were both of these guys bested in the draft by Coog receiver Donnie Avery, there wasn't a single wideout taken in the entire first round.

What about Joe Flacco? How many experts had him going in the middle of the first round before Brian Brohm?

Or Sam Baker? I don't recall his name being a consensus first round pick.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote