View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #335
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

29. SAN FRANCISCO 49'ERS (f/IND)
DUANE BROWN OT | Virginia Tech | Scouting Report
My surprise pick of round one. The Niners have a ton of needs but they are going to be looking for an offensive lineman very early and I've been told that Brown is a strong possibility for them, either here or at #39. If they don't grab him in round one I don't think he'd make it to their next pick and they probably realize that too, which is why they pull the trigger here. A former tight end, Brown is a fantastic athlete with experience at both left and right tackle and in the last month before the draft he has been flying up draft boards all around the league. I am out on a limb with this one...
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html
FWIW: maybe this is why Smith-Kubiak moved at 26 with the 49ers sitting a
couple notchs back at 29 ? And nfldraftcountdown is a Draft site with some cred.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote