View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #329
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I don't know why it matter where he was projected then, because in the end he was moving up draft boards. If we weren't going to make the "reach" in the 1st round, another team would have.

Our big three wanted him, they had a chance to move back some more with a trade from Seattle(I don't know what pick, but heard of an extra 4th), but felt dangered of losing Duane Brown in the process
here is anaology:

first day as it happened - disbelief latter as the trade down & selection settles in take the company line the morning after & the realization who just slept with your best friends wife you just have to say no even if the desire/need is great the consequences outweigh the risk

seriously Duane Brown was never on our radar because we didn't have a 2nd rd. pick. should have been nervous I guess as soon as the Texans traded down. I can actually see the difference between Frye & Brown one is a mauler (Frye) the other is finesse (Brown). I wonder if Frye doesn't get a shot @ RT move Winston inside to RG next to Meyers with Pitts the only remaining linemen staying put. in this scenero that would answear my questions about the future & this pick. but as for now all we (draft geeks) have at our disposel are opinions, draft guides, draft sites & expert analysts feedback.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote