View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #327
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
anyways yanked out ourlads draft guide (noticed everyone seemed to have a copy @ the draft tables) & looked up Duane Browns rating 7.07 sorry to say that does project to a late 2nd rd. grade. if the Texans had a 2nd rd. pick I think they would have been able to wait til then but he was an ascending prospect & tackle position along with DE has become the flavour of this draft.
I don't know why it matter where he was projected then, because in the end he was moving up draft boards. If we weren't going to make the "reach" in the 1st round, another team would have.

Our big three wanted him, they had a chance to move back some more with a trade from Seattle(I don't know what pick, but heard of an extra 4th), but felt dangered of losing Duane Brown in the process
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote