View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #320
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
couldn't sleep, restless night thinking about this draft who the Texans add today should be a lot more exciting from a Texans fans viewpoint after having only the one pick yesterday

anyways yanked out ourlads draft guide (noticed everyone seemed to have a copy @ the draft tables) & looked up Duane Browns rating 7.07 sorry to say that does project to a late 2nd rd. grade. if the Texans had a 2nd rd. pick I think they would have been able to wait til then but he was an ascending prospect & tackle position along with DE has become the flavour of this draft.

last year for instance the Texans used a late 5th rd. pick #163 on a LT from the same school named Brandon Frye. he too was an ascending prospect with exceptional speed, athletic, tough & agile given a draft grade of 6.89. the only difference, he was a former DE instead of a TE. I just don't see the huge gap between picks on paper, either the Texans got a steal in last years draft, or they got fleeced this year, just hope the former is true
well if a draft magazine says it

i truly believe if we had a 2nd rd pick, we'd have taken him @#26 still. they had a possible trade down option that they didnt take because they were afraid somebody would steal him from us.

from the sounds of kubiak and co. they liked this guy alot more than the draft writers and believed others did too. heck they were reluctanct to trade down to #26 even. thank god they did because i couldn't take the crap they would've taken from everyone for taking him at #18 over rashard and jenkins..
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote