View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #315
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

I haven't been contributing much to the boards lately but I couldn't help myself at this time. I am one of those people who has been harping, and even angry that OLT hadn't really been addressed in any draft since that first year with the Boselli/Young debacle. I have voiced the opinion that a position as important to the safety and development of young QB's as the OLT spot is should not be relagated to late round picks and 6 FA's named Joe. Today, I waited with baited breath for our pick at #18. I just knew that one of the premier OT's that I had heard so much about would fall to us. I was really pissed when we traded out of Otah and only got a third and a sixth round pick for once again missing out on a sure OLT starter. I have always believed and still do to some extent that there are backfield busts and injured retirees whose carreers might have been saved and extended with a truely good OL. I was livid. I have gone through several hours of wondering if Smith/Kubiak have a clue. So I am not thrilled with who we wound up with. BUT!!!! we did finally address that first round OLT that I have been whining about. I will wait and see, and hope he works out. About the part where he was the guy actually targetted by Gibbs... I think that is the kind of BS coaches say when they wind up with the guy they got.... even if he truely wasn't the first choice. But at least he is an OT. I pray he is the guy that saves Shaub's backside and allows him to be the QB we have wanted. I hope my anxiety is unfounded. I hope.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote