View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #300
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
"We were worried, but I tried to be the calm before the storm because I had a room full of people who were scared to death that we weren't going to get him," Smith said. "I had to put a good face on."

The telephone rang in the Texans' war room at Reliant Stadium. It was a team inquiring if the Texans wanted to trade down again.

"I heard the phone ring, and I screamed to Rick, 'Don't answer it!' " Kubiak said. "We've been in love with Duane for a long time. He fits what we want to do. He's very athletic. I love his passion for the game. We're calling on him to help this team very, very early."
Well, considering that Brown is a slow-learner; I'm hoping Kubiak mails him the playbook over night for alittle early homework.

I hope he's ready by the time we step on Heinz field.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote