View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #216
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i've gotta say eriadoc, truck got my vote for MVP during our game ... but you've GOTTA stick your training and all 5 points of the next level into speed. with the guys behind you, your movements need to be much higher. if you can get out and keep infront of the backs, along with your blocking and power rushing abilities ... truck will have locked up my top FB in all of USA BBB award.

seriously he's about perfect, but all that blocking goes to waste when our 47 speed runningback beats our 8 speed fullback to the line of scrimmage. you're going to block, you're going to break tackles ... we need straight line speed at the second level to slow up linebackers. and we need speedy to work on his stamina, vision, & strength to stay on the field behind ya.
Yeah, I am approaching that from two directions. First, I am working on speed with Truck, especially since he's getting a few carries. Second, I am working on Vision with Wheels, as I hope that will help him set up blocks before he takes off.

My first couple players in season one were more balanced in attributes, and I found that the players who specialized in just a couple attributes did better in the short term, and they built up their deficient attributes through training and leveling. So that's the approach I decided upon with the backs. They'll only get better as the season wears on.