View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #292
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Hopefully this draft will follow the pattern of the 2006 draft: controversial first pick that pans out followed by great pick after great pick.

I have some real concerns about Brown (more having to do with his school's systemic lack of success in the NFL), but if he can keep Schaub's backside clean, then I don't care where he was selected.

That having been said, it is instructive that no tackles were taken today in the 37 picks after Brown was taken. Most draftniks I followed had Brown grouped with Sam Baker, Anthony Collins and Carl Nicks. If Collins or Nicks are still on the board tomorrow when the Texans' next pick comes up, I may get sick. Though when the Cowboys jumped ahead of us and took Jenkins, I was really not sure where else to go.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote