View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #289
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
Build our offensive and defensive lines first. I think this will be a great pick. A solid O-Line can make most NFL running backs look great......a poor O-Line will make that same running back look terrible ( Edgerrin James ). Forget Mendenhall and the other running backs. YOU CANNOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WITHOUT DOMINANCE IN THE TRENCHES!!
Truth.

The only thing I don't like about the pick is that it's not the sexy pick, but I don't believe any true sexy picks were gone by the 18th. All this Mendenhall talk seems wishfull. Let's not confuse him with a McFadden caliber player. I'm not saying Menden isn't good, but we sure didn't pass on a blue chip RB. Instead, a more pressing need was addressed.

I'm sick and tired of watching our QB get laid out. I'm sick and tired of watching 3 and outs. I'm sick and tired of being at the bottom of the AFC South. We have the skill players we need. We just don't have the line shored up to give those skill players a level field to play on. LT is the weakest link on that line, and the FO has the fortitude to put a stop to it. Sure, we have the potential of Big Nasty to squash that need, but last time I recall banking on a LT coming back from the infirmary, Boselli ended up busting. Someone recently pointed out Young to me too. We've been patching long enough.

Kubes, Smith, Gibbs... you saw a hole and filled it. Thank you!

Brown will be starting week 1, I have no doubt. I don't believe for one second that Kubes, Smith and Gibbs would take an OL in the first if they didn't think he would make no better impact than a 5th round lineman. Will he be in Honolulu next February? Prolly not, but let's not confuse him with Mr. Irrelevant. While he certainly isn't the consensus 1st round grade linemane, I like what I read about how DB fit's the Gibbs scheme. I think he fits the Texans 1st round pick well.

Welcome to Houston Duane!

I have some advise for you: Don't read the forums! We are all nutz!!! But in our defense, We've spent the past 2 years talking about Reggie Bush an Vince Young
Trail.Blazr is offline   Reply With Quote