View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #287
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

About SWT.. he is a (champion at that), but I think I repped him on the official boards long time ago ..because he does stick to his guns and he "mans up" to his posts (and why isn't there a SWT smiley?)

confused on this because I am too lazy to look it up but was the 8.5 sacks given up in one year or two.. (I have seen it mentioned both ways)

Anyway I was like herv.. I felt it was like the TJ pick all over with but I am not a draft wizard and mainly because I haven't watched the guy..

anyway about the mocks that forcasted where he would go.. curious if they expect 7 OT's to go on a run so fast and so early so the demand went up for him .. I expect if we traded down again and Brown would have been gone by the time we picked again, the board would light up about how we didn't get an OT early.

With that said.. Positives I see

Quote:
NEGATIVES: Lacks top lateral blocking range. At times lazy with his hands.
I would think that is coach able (the laziness) and (if I read right) stands up too tall and something else but that was pages ago

positives.
Coach Gibbs should bring out the best in him
probably not start but if he does that says something (I doubt the Texans would throw him in the fire).. Texans probably will let him develop
I take it he went against Chris Long (who has a good motor) in college and in TC.. possibly going against Mario

If those don't help him.. well the Texans scouts dropped a goose egg on this pick.. but time will tell

I had a few hours to chill and go over this thread and the one at www.inthebullseye.com on what was said by many people

I was shocked at first but calmness has comeover me now
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote