View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #256
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
I hope this was not already posted but I have read so much my damn eyes are starting to cross!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...yers/5535.html

BIOGRAPHY: Former tight end who moved to offensive tackle as a sophomore then started the next three seasons. All-Conference selection after his junior and senior campaigns. Used on both the left and right side.

POSITIVES: Athletic college tackle who's at his best in confined quarters. Blocks with a wide base, shows good knee-bend, and effective with his hands. Jolts opponents with a violent hand-punch, stays square, and seals the edge with good body positioning. Gets out to the second level and annihilates linebackers. Patient in pass protection, can adjust to opponents, and keeps his feet moving. Does enough to ride defenders from their angle of attack.

NEGATIVES: Lacks top lateral blocking range. At times lazy with his hands.

ANALYSIS: Brown is a well-built blocker who has displayed a variety of skills the past three years. He offers potential in a zone blocking scheme, yet he could also thrive in a power-running offense when he physically matures.
A second assessment that says to me, this is Gibbs' type of tackle. I doubt he replaces Salaam from day one, in his rookie year, but this could well be the anchor of our line for years to come.

Sorry we didn't pick the hyped-up RB for you guys easily distracted by shiny things. But I'm thinking we've got our line of the future right now.

By the end of the season don't be surprised to see this lineup....
Brown, Frye, Chris Myers, Big Nasty, Winston.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote